The Contesa stainless steel wall light with PIR (passive infra red) motion sensor is a contemporary take on a traditional style lantern with added security. Made from stainless steel, including external screws, this outdoor wall light will not rust and is designed to last. The Contesa tapered wall lantern has 6 glass faces.
The built in PIR automatically switches on the lantern when movement is detected. The light will stay on from between 5 secs – 5 mins and also has a sensor to adjust the light level at which the PIR operates. PIR motion sensor wall lights are a great energy saver, only turning on when triggered and when light is required.
The Contesa stainless steel PIR wall light (passive infra red) motion sensor is a contemporary take on a traditional style lantern with added security. Made from stainless steel, including external screws, this outdoor wall light will not rust and is designed to last. The Contesa tapered wall lantern has 6 glass faces and will look great in any outdoor setting.
An in-built photocell ensures the motion sensor Contesa can only be triggered with movement during darkness, thus wasting no energy during the daytime when additional light is not required. They are also ideal for when houses are left unoccupied during holidays as any potential intruders would cause the light to turn on, exposing them in the darkness. The Sensor is fully adjustable, with two simple dials. ‘TIME’ increases / decreases the length of time the light remains illuminated, and ‘SENS’ increases / decreases light sensitivity – how dark it should be before the motion sensor comes into play.
Also available as a Photocell - Dusk to Dawn wall light using code number LLSS190
The colour of a lamp is defined as a measurement called kelvins. A standard GLS light bulb in your house would be 2,700 kelvins which is in the warm colour spectrum and a lamp with 5,000 kelvins would be at the very cold white spectrum. Getting the right colour temperature of a lamp does matter as the warm colour wavelength helps to soften the tone of the area and gives a warm soft relaxed feel and ideal for colourful flower beds and rockery areas especially with wooden bark and at the other end of the scale a 4,000 to 5,000 kelvin lamp colour would be used against a light background such as white walls or to accentuate grey blueish foliage in shrubs and small trees. When you buy a new, energy efficient bulb, keep your application and colour scheme in mind and make sure to buy the bulb with a colour temperature to match.
1.Remove the 2 x dome nuts and washers (a) from the front stainless steel mounting plate and remove the back mounting plate. TIP: the PIR unit is attached to the back mounting plate but wired into the fitting. Therefore an extra person may be required to help hold the fitting during the installation of this product.
2. Hold the wall mount in the desired location and mark the positions of the two mounting screws (and power inlet cable if required) through the appropriate apertures. Note: the holes in the mounting bracket may also need to be drilled prior to marking.
3. Drill out the 2 mounting holes using a 6mm masonry drill bit and insert the supplied wall plugs.
4. Once the power cable has been installed, thread through the rubber grommet of the mounting plate making sure at least 100mm (4 inches) is pulled through.
5. Ensure the 2 hexagonal securing bolts (b) are still inserted through the back of the mounting plate, and then secure the mounting plate in place with the two mounting screws provided. TIP: To make sure the hexagonal bolts do not fall out during installation, simply screw on the dome nuts removed in point 1. These can then be removed once the mounting plate has been secured to the wall.
6. Strip back the 3 inner wires of the mains power cable (if not already prepared) and screw into the correct terminals of the 4 way terminal block which is attached to the main body of the fitting (c), ensuring the two brown Live wires (L) are connected to one another, the two blue Neutral wires (N) are connected to one another and the two yellow and green Earth wires are connected to one another. Do not remove the pre-wired photocell – See diagram.
7. Once the wiring is complete, replace the main body of the fitting over the hexagonal bolts, ensuring they protrude through the holes of the fitting, and onto the back mounting plate. Secure in place with the 2x washers and dome nuts removed in step 1.
TIP: The rubber seal that fits between the plastic wall mount and the stainless steel front mount can easily become
dislodged when installing the light. To prevent this, try spreading a thin film of clear silicone in the groove of the
seal and then push over the back plate making sure it is level (ordinary bathroom sealant is fine). Upend the wall plate
and weigh down using a brick or other heavy object and leave overnight before installing the next day. The silicone acts
as glue holding the seal in place.
|colour:||stainless steel 304|
|IP rating:||IP 44|
|Materials:||Stainless Steel, 6x Glass Panels|
|Sensor:||PIR, Photocell dusk to dawn|
|Material Finish:||Brushed stainless steel & clear glass|